Saturday, June 22, 2013

why are some countries or regions better at doing some things than other countries or regions
what are self directed consumers  are you a self directed consumer
does globalization mean Americanization

              Some countries are better than others by having the means to make their products than in other parts on the world.  Some countries can make things cheaper than other countries and are able to ship them to other parts of the country cheaper.  some copponents can be made or found in certain parts of the world and make it easier and cheaper to make their products. Some countries can take an existing product from other countries and make it better and more innovative. 

              For a long time the Japanese and other countries had a strong hold on the video game industry until recently when an American company stood up and decided to make their mark in the video game industry.  Some people might say that the American company beat the Japanese company with a better product and some people will say that the two companies made equally good product. I believe that the Japanese company still has a better product.

              I think globalization does mean Americanization everywhere you go you will see a Wal-Mart, a McDonalds, American movies, American singers, and American every thing.  America wants to be the top dog and in order to do that they need to be everywhere and have the best and talented people around.  My dad was in the military so I moved around a lot I lived in England and Germanyand I have visited Scotland and Holland. Everywhere you went in these places there were American things everywhere.

              Self direct consumers is when companies offer the consumer the tools for their services and the consumer decides what they want according to the tools that are laid out to them.  I think that i am a self direct consumer like in the book I do go to starbucks and customize my drink. I do go on the internet and customize my order of want i want and when I want it and How much I want to pay for it.  I think that the restaurant Subway is the same way in letting you decide how big you want your sandwich and what you want on it you can customize everything you want on your sandwich.                

             

No comments:

Post a Comment